Long in Tigers link
Shane Long has been given permission to leave the Republic of Ireland's training camp to discuss a "transfer-related matter", Press Association Sport understands.
The West Brom striker is part of Giovanni Trapattoni's squad ahead of the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers, but has been heavily linked with a move to Hull.
A move to the KC Stadium or elsewhere now appears to be closer to happening after the 26-year-old was granted permission to return to England to start talks.
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Burton Junior Football League Under-16s and Under-18s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'