Man charged in 2007 murder probe
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a father of two five years ago.
Terry McSpadden, 27, went missing from his home in Elm, near Wisbech, in March 2007. He is believed to have been on his way home from a pub at the time.
Norfolk Police said Jonathon Porter, 32, of Outwell Road, Elm, had been charged with murder.
No trace of Mr McSpadden has ever been found.
Police know he spent the evening of March 1 at the Locomotive Inn in Wisbech.
He was spotted at a nearby Tesco store withdrawing money from a cash point just before 1am.
He is believed to have returned home and gone to bed but did not arrive at work at a glazing company the following morning.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "Officers have carried out a number of searches to try to locate the father of two, but he has not been found.
"Following a case review by the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, Jonathon Porter has been charged with murder."
He will appear before Norwich Magistrates' Court on Saturday.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system