Man charged over policeman death
A man has been charged over the death of a police officer who was killed in a suspected hit-and-run collision, the Metropolitan Police has said.
Gary Bromige, aged 25, from South Norwood in South London, will appear at South Western Magistrates' Court, Battersea, south London, charged with causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
Traffic officer Pc Andrew Duncan died in hospital on Sunday morning after being a hit by a car during a speed enforcement operation in Sutton, south London, in the early hours of Friday.
Pc Duncan, a member of the south-west traffic unit for nearly 10 years, had attempted to stop the car by signalling for the driver to pull over before the collision.
The car was later found abandoned nearby.
Bromige has also been charged with failing to report an accident and driving without insurance, the Metropolitan Police said.
Two men aged 19 and aged 20 who were arrested on Sunday evening in connection with the investigation remain in custody at a south London police station.
A woman who was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of perverting the course of justice has since been bailed.
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Burton Junior Football League Under-16s and Under-18s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'