Man faces plane bomb hoax charge
A man will appear in court today after being charged over an alleged bomb hoax that led to an aircraft being diverted.
Alan Patey, 49, of no fixed address, has been charged with making a bomb hoax and will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court.
A 57-year-old man was also arrested after the plane was forced to land at Stansted Airport in Essex on September 20.
The Sri Lankan Airlines A330 Airbus, which was carrying 267 passengers and crew, was due to land at Heathrow Airport but was diverted to Stansted just after 7.30pm.
Sources said the drama unfolded after a passenger was overheard claiming "something" was on board the flight in the luggage hold.
- Chesterfield sell out extra tickets for Brewers clash
- Mark Turner: Derbyshire blew chance of victory on opening morning
- REPORT: Derbyshire unable to clinch victory in first home game of season
- Derby County striker Chris Martin impressed with the impact made by on-loan West Brom midfielder George Thorne
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers