Man found dead had shotgun injuries
A man who died at a house in the early hours of this morning suffered suspected shotgun injuries.
Nottinghamshire Police said the 37-year-old was found in the bedroom of a house in Galway Road, Bircotes, at around 12.50am.
A 33-year-old woman also found at the address was taken to hospital with shotgun injuries.
Her condition is serious but stable, a force spokesman said.
Two children who were in the house at the time were uninjured.
The spokesman added: "A post-mortem examination will be carried out to determine the cause of death of the man who is believed to have lived at the address with the injured woman."
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads