Man in court over club shooting
A man has appeared in court today accused of shooting a nightclub reveller dead on Boxing Day.
Unemployed Danny Walker, 32, appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court charged with the murder of Hassan Mohammed Omer Isman in London's West End.
His case was sent to the Old Bailey, where a preliminary hearing is expected to take place on January 14, the Metropolitan Police said.
Mr Isman, 31 from Poplar in east London, died in hospital after suffering multiple gunshot wounds at about 3am on Boxing Day during a private function in the Avalon club on Shaftesbury Avenue. He was 31.
Dean Robinson, a 32-year-old barber, is charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs and concealing criminal property and is expected to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court later today.
A third man, 31, who was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and assisting an offender, has been bailed to return to an east London police station in late February pending further inquiries.
Three men also arrested in connection with the incident, aged 24, 31 and 34, remain on bail.
- On-loan George Thorne waits until the end of the season at Derby County to decide on his future
- Gary Rowett wants to his Burton Albion side another step in the play-offs this season
- Rolleston CC dig in for lion's share of points at home to Ilkeston Rutland
- James Benstead and Callum Brodrick on fire in Dunstall draw
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster