Man killed in M-way bridge fall
A man died after falling from a motorway bridge on to the road below.
Police were called to the M42 between junctions 3a and 4 in Birmingham at 10.20pm on Friday after reports that a man had fallen on to the northbound carriageway from a bridge.
Despite the efforts of paramedics the man died at the scene, West Midlands Police said. His next of kin has been informed.
The motorway was closed in both directions for a number of hours while officers carried out investigations.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or may have information is asked to call the police road collision investigation department on 101.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- JUSTICE? No payback for victims of drunk vandal's spree
- Burton's Queen's Hospital car park fiasco and outrage from visitors forces bosses to make a parking U-turn
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- Widow fined for parking as she sat with dying husband
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads