Man killed in M-way bridge fall
A man died after falling from a motorway bridge on to the road below.
Police were called to the M42 between junctions 3a and 4 in Birmingham at 10.20pm on Friday after reports that a man had fallen on to the northbound carriageway from a bridge.
Despite the efforts of paramedics the man died at the scene, West Midlands Police said. His next of kin has been informed.
The motorway was closed in both directions for a number of hours while officers carried out investigations.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or may have information is asked to call the police road collision investigation department on 101.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced