Man remanded over murder charge
A man has been remanded in custody after appearing in court charged with the murder of his partner.
Kirsty Humphrey, 23, was pronounced dead at her flat in Queen Elizabeth Way, Colchester, Essex, on Wednesday morning.
Neighbours reported hearing a commotion at the property earlier that day.
Essex Police said a post-mortem examination found Miss Humphrey had died from stab wounds to the neck and chest.
Paul Czapla, 24, of Queen Elizabeth Way, Colchester, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court, police said.
He will appear for a further hearing at Chelmsford Crown Court on Tuesday.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring