Man stabbed after buying GTA game
A man who picked up one of the first copies of Grand Theft Auto V when shops opened at midnight was stabbed and robbed of the game as he made his way home.
The man, 23, was attacked after he left an Asda store in north London just an hour and 20 minutes after the notoriously violent video game went on sale.
He was hit with a brick, stabbed and stripped of his mobile phone, watch and his copy of GTA V near the supermarket.
The man is now recovering in hospital where he is said to be in a stable condition.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "The victim had been shopping and was on his way home when he was hit with a brick.
"He was then stabbed and robbed."
Police, who were called to Princes Avenue in Colindale at 1.22am, said the motive for the attack was unclear.
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Burton Junior Football League Under-16s and Under-18s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked