Man's body found in street
The body of a man was found in a residential street today.
A member of the public made the grim discovery at about 7.30am in Chorley, Lancashire.
The body was on the ground in Gillibrands Walks.
Lancashire Police said the man was believed to be in his 50s and the death was currently being treated as unexplained.
A spokesman said: "A post mortem examination will be carried out later this afternoon to try to establish how the man died."
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business