Man's body found in street
The body of a man was found in a residential street today.
A member of the public made the grim discovery at about 7.30am in Chorley, Lancashire.
The body was on the ground in Gillibrands Walks.
Lancashire Police said the man was believed to be in his 50s and the death was currently being treated as unexplained.
A spokesman said: "A post mortem examination will be carried out later this afternoon to try to establish how the man died."
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads