Martino hits out over Bale fee
Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino is critical of the record-breaking transfer fee Real Madrid are reportedly poised to spend on Gareth Bale.
Madrid look set to smash the £80million they paid to Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009 to bring Bale to the Bernabeu, with reports suggesting the transfer could cost around £93million.
Martino, who took charge of Primera Division champions Barcelona this summer, believes those figures for the 24-year-old Wales international show a "lack of respect" bearing in mind the global financial situation.
"He's a very good player, but the numbers seem to me almost a lack of respect for the world in general," said the Argentinian when asked his thoughts on the subject at a pre-match press conference ahead of Barca's trip to Malaga on Sunday.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked