McIlroy gets PGA Tour award
Rory McIlroy has been named the PGA Tour Player of the Year.
He gave some of the credit to his girlfriend, Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki.
"Seeing how hard she works and how hard she practises and how dedicated she is, it definitely flipped a switch with me that I could be a little more like that," said the 23-year-old world number one.
"She's definitely been a great influence on me.
"I've always felt like I've been dedicated to the game and I've practised hard and I've worked at it. But I guess over the past 18 months, especially after winning the US Open, I sort of felt like I went to the next stage of my career."
He added: "I feel like my personality away from the golf course hasn't changed, but definitely when I get to the golf course I'm maybe a little more professional, a little more business-like.
"I guess that's just the way you have to be to be successful and to try and win as many tournaments as you can.
"It's definitely helped and obviously helped me to win more tournaments."
On winning the vote among his fellow players the Northern Irishman added: "It's an honour and I'm delighted. It's always nice to get recognition from your peers, the guys that you're trying to beat week-in, week-out.
"It's very rewarding, and I guess it's just a great way to end what has been a great year and my best season so far."
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business