Men in court over house fire deaths
Two men will make their first appearance in court today, charged with murdering four members of the same family in a house fire.
The pair, aged 19 and 21, are to appear at Leicester Magistrates Court over the murders of Shehnila Taufiq, 47, her daughter Zainab, 19, and sons Bilal, 17, and Jamil, 15.
The latest arrests brought the number of people charged in connection with the fire in Wood Hill, Leicester, earlier this month, to seven.
Shaun Carter, 24, Jackson Powell, 19, and Nathaniel Mullings, 19, appeared alongside a 16-year-old at the city's magistrates' court on Saturday, each facing four counts of murder.
They were remanded in custody and will appear at Leicester Crown Court.
Kemo Porter, 18, is also facing the same charges. He is remanded in custody awaiting a crown court hearing next week.
The blaze began in the early hours of Friday September 13.
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines