Mikaeel mother returns to court
The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular will appear in court for a second time today charged with his murder and attempting to defeat the ends of justice.
The boy's body was discovered in Fife on Friday January 17, the day after he was reported missing from his home in the Drylaw area of Edinburgh.
Rosdeep Kular, 33, was charged under her married name of Adekoya when she made her initial appearance at Edinburgh Sheriff Court last Monday.
She made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody during the brief private hearing before Sheriff Frank Crowe.
She is expected to return to the court this afternoon for another procedural hearing in private.
- On-loan George Thorne waits until the end of the season at Derby County to decide on his future
- Gary Rowett wants to his Burton Albion side another step in the play-offs this season
- Rolleston CC dig in for lion's share of points at home to Ilkeston Rutland
- James Benstead and Callum Brodrick on fire in Dunstall draw
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster