Monaghan okay after injury scare
Warrington winger Joel Monaghan has been cleared of any major injury after being knocked unconscious during Saturday's 30-16 Grand Final defeat by Wigan.
The 31-year-old Australian, who had opened the scoring with his 28th try of the Super League season, was out for several minutes after coming off worse from an attempted tackle on Wigan winger Pat Richards three minutes before half-time.
He was carried off on a stretcher and taken straight to hospital but was discharged later that evening.
A Warrington spokesperson said: "Precautionary scans were carried out but Joel was discharged from hospital on Saturday night and given a clean bill of health."
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines