Moyes to check on Rooney risk
Manchester United manger David Moyes has confirmed he needs to check on the risk of selecting Wayne Rooney before he sets a comeback date for the striker.
Rooney was forced to miss the Barclays Premier League trip to Liverpool at the end of last month and England's World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine after suffering a nasty head gash in an accidental training ground collision with Phil Jones.
The 27-year-old posted pictures of the cut online to prove his absence was fully justified.
And now Moyes must decide when to bring Rooney back.
"He is in great physical shape," said Moyes.
"Obviously he has a cut right in the middle of his forehead which could split because the skin is very thin.
"But he has had his stitches out and it has knitted.
"We just have to see where the level of risk is with his injury."
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring