New images in missing Megan search
Police searching for a missing student feared to have fallen into a swollen river while on a night out with friends have issued two new pictures of her.
Megan Roberts, 20, has not been seen since she was out drinking with friends in York more than a week ago.
North Yorkshire Police, who believe she "entered the river" while "heavily affected by alcohol", have been searching a stretch of the River Ouse in the city centre.
A spokesman said: "The regional underwater search unit searched the river in the area around Lendal Bridge, where Megan was last seen on CCTV at around 2.20am on Thursday 23 January 2014.
"Specialist teams also conducted a land search along the banks on both sides of the river between Naburn and Scarborough Bridge."
Searching will resume tomorrow.
Ms Roberts, from Wetherby, West Yorkshire, is studying fine art at York St John University.
Anyone with information about her disappearance is urged to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101.
- Boys to men: Frazer Clarke and Zach Parker eye ABAs glory in Liverpool
- SLIDESHOW: Solid start for TAG Racing and Buildbase BMW Motorrad at Brands Hatch
- Rolleston 3rds open up with a win in Six South but Trentside 2nds fall to a nine-wicket defeat to A&B
- Barton fireworks ensure a successful run chase
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business