No contact from Spurs - Pochettino
Tottenham have made no contact with Mauricio Pochettino about their vacant manager's job, the Southampton boss has confirmed.
Southampton host managerless Spurs in the Barclays Premier League on Sunday, seeking their first win in six games.
Saints' Argentinian manager had been widely touted as a potential replacement for Andre Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane.
But the 41-year-old boss confirmed no-one from Tottenham has been in touch.
Pochettino is happy where he is, especially with the backing of chairman Nicola Cortese.
"As a manager what's really important is that the sporting aspect is under my control, in terms of signings," Pochettino said.
"Without my agreement no signings go through, and those two basic things are very important for any manager."
Tottenham sacked manager Villas-Boas in the wake of last weekend's humiliating 5-0 home league defeat to Liverpool.
Former Spurs midfielder Tim Sherwood will take charge of Sunday's Southampton clash, but chairman Daniel Levy is still seeking a full-time appointment.
Pochettino admitted it is always tough to see a peer lose their job.
He said: "I'm always very respectful with decisions that people make at other clubs.
"It's clear that it's never a good thing when a colleague is sacked.
"I would like to wish Andre Villas-Boas all the best in the future, these things can happen in football.
"That's the bitter side of this game that no one wants but can still happen."
Swansea manager Michael Laudrup has also ruled himself out of the running for the Spurs job
The Dane has made it clear he has no intention of leaving Swansea in the lurch in the middle of the season.
He said: "You can always look at things from different perspectives. The positive one is when your name is linked as someone thinks you are doing well. It is always positive and flattering when others are talking about you and your name is linked with other clubs and Tottenham is a big club.
"But I would never leave a club, not Swansea or anyone, in the middle of a season. I have never done that as a player or as a manager and I will not do it in the future."
- Boys to men: Frazer Clarke and Zach Parker eye ABAs glory in Liverpool
- SLIDESHOW: Solid start for TAG Racing and Buildbase BMW Motorrad at Brands Hatch
- Rolleston 3rds open up with a win in Six South but Trentside 2nds fall to a nine-wicket defeat to A&B
- Barton fireworks ensure a successful run chase
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business