OAP killed in new year road crash
An elderly man died hours before the new year after he was struck by a car as he crossed a main road.
The 83-year-old was wearing a high-visibility jacket when he was hit by a Kia Picanto on the A28 Ashford Road at Chartham, near Canterbury, Kent, close to an entrance to a farm, Kent Police said.
Emergency services were called shortly after 4.10pm yesterday and the man was treated at the scene by paramedics but died on the way to London's King's Hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses, and anyone with information about the incident should call 01622 798 538.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads