OAP killed in new year road crash
An elderly man died hours before the new year after he was struck by a car as he crossed a main road.
The 83-year-old was wearing a high-visibility jacket when he was hit by a Kia Picanto on the A28 Ashford Road at Chartham, near Canterbury, Kent, close to an entrance to a farm, Kent Police said.
Emergency services were called shortly after 4.10pm yesterday and the man was treated at the scene by paramedics but died on the way to London's King's Hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses, and anyone with information about the incident should call 01622 798 538.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans