Olympic wrestler dies in accident
Russian wrestler Besik Kudukhov has been killed in a car accident, the Russian Wrestling Federation has announced.
Kudukhov, who won silver in the freestyle event at the London Olympics, died after his car collided with a lorry travelling between the cities of Vladikavkaz and Krasnodar. He was 27.
"The tragedy occurred on the federal highway near Armavir," a statement on wrestrus.ru read.
"The Wrestling Federation of Russia, wrestlers and coaches of Russia and the whole wrestling community extends its condolences to the families and friends of the deceased.
"We mourn deeply with you.
"The memory of Besik Kudukhov will remain forever in our hearts."
Kudukhov was a four-time freestyle world champion and and also won bronze at the Beijing Olympics before competing in London last year.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- Cabinet posts for rebels after helping to oust council leader
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads
- Burton bollards could go, as plans discussed for their future