Pardew escapes FA punishment
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has escaped disciplinary action from the Football Association but has been "reminded of his responsibilities" after his touchline behaviour against Manchester City.
Pardew apologised for an expletive-laden rant at City boss Manuel Pellegrini, and was also involved in a running battle with the match officials as the visitors claimed a 2-0 win over the Magpies.
The FA is not taking disciplinary action but has been in touch with the Magpies boss.
An FA spokesman said: "We have been in contact with Alan Pardew and reminded him of his responsibilities".
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business