Plane diverted in security scare
An easyJet flight carrying 151 passengers has been diverted due to a security scare, the airline said.
A spokeswoman for the carrier confirmed flight EZY2324 between Hamburg and London's Luton Airport was diverted to Stansted Airport as a precautionary measure.
An Essex Police spokesman said there was no security threat.
"The aircraft landed safely at around 17:30 and on arrival was met by the police who are now on-board the aircraft," the spokeswoman said.
"The safety and security of our passengers and crew is easyJet's top priority and the airline is co-operating fully with the authorities.
"We would like to thank passengers for their patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
"EasyJet will transfer passengers to Luton Airport as soon as we can."
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Burton Junior Football League Under-16s and Under-18s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Head speaks out on school's fine system