Policeman injured in hit-and-run
A police traffic officer is in a critical condition after a hit-and-run crash in the early hours of Friday morning, the Metropolitan Police have said.
The male officer, who was on foot, attempted to stop a car when it hit him and drove off shortly before 1am on the A217 Reigate Avenue at the junction with Rose Hill, Sutton.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: "The male Pc - who was on foot - attempted to stop a vehicle, but the car was in collision with him. The black VW Golf did not stop at the scene.
"London Ambulance Service was called by the Pc's male colleague who was also on patrol with him.
"The injured officer was taken to a south London hospital where he is in a critical condition."
No arrests have been made.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Head speaks out on school's fine system