Pregnant woman attacked with knife
A 19-year-old has been arrested after a heavily pregnant woman suffered serious facial injuries when she was randomly attacked with a knife, police have said.
The woman, in her 30s, was assaulted under a bridge by Finsbury Park Tube station, north London, at 6.30pm on Friday.
She also suffered a shoulder injury in the unprovoked attack and was taken to hospital where she was treated and later discharged with "non life-threatening or life-changing injuries".
Detective Constable Louise Elliott, of the Metropolitan Police, said: "This was an horrific, unprovoked attack on a vulnerable and heavily pregnant woman. This incident has understandably left her severely traumatised."
The force is urging anyone with information to contact 020 7421 0297 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
The 19-year-old arrested in connection with the incident has been bailed to February 26.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads