Prince preparing for gigs in UK
Prince has confirmed he will play a number of UK shows beginning next month.
The musician revitalised his career with a series of concerts staged at the O2 Arena in London, after a few years in which his career was thought to be on the wane.
Rumours circulated earlier this month that the When Doves Cry and Purple Rain singer was to play a set of gigs. His last UK appearance was a one-off show at the Hop Farm Festival in Kent in 2011.
Although no details of his forthcoming concerts have been announced, they will take place at "iconic venues in and around London" from February 3, according to a statement issued on his behalf.
He has planned the shows "t o celebrate the release of Plectrumelectrum, the highly anticipated debut album from 3rdeyegirl, his all-female rock trio".
The statement concluded: "For now, know this: Prince is coming."
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads