Probe as body found in alleyway
Detectives have launched a murder inquiry after a man's body was found in an alleyway.
West Midlands Police said officers were questioning a 21-year-old man on suspicion of murder after the victim was pronounced dead in the Erdington area of Birmingham.
The deceased, who has yet to be formally identified, was found at about 7.15am on Saturday near to Knights Close in Gravelly Hill.
Detective Inspector Gary Plant, who is leading the investigation, said: "The inquiry is at a very early stage and we have cordoned off the area as we establish the circumstances surrounding the man's death.
"I am keen to hear from anyone who may have any information about what happened."
Forensic investigators are currently at the scene and local officers are speaking to nearby residents, Mr Plant added.
Witnesses are urged call West Midlands Police on 101 or the Crimestoppers service on 0800 555 111.
- SLIDESHOW: British Superbikes starts this weekend for Buildbase BMW Motorrad riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and James Westmoreland
- Aaron Webster named Burton Albion's greatest ever player in fans' poll
- Johnny Russell admits Burnley are out of sight for Derby County
- Ex-Burton Albion star praised for his 'old school honesty' by Derby County boss
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Scarlet fever cases soar in East Staffordshire
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- Tory removed from role over comments