Probe over stolen potato crops
Police are investigating the theft of 1.5 tonnes of potatoes from a field.
The incident happened in a field near Basin Road in Outwell, Norfolk, between 10pm on Sunday and 9am on Monday.
The thieves dug up a section of the field measuring about an eighth of an acre and stole the immature crop.
It comes three weeks after about 500 potatoes were dug up and stolen from a field near Hall Road in the same village.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "It is as yet unclear whether the two crimes are linked or if another gang of spud thieves are chipping in."
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads
- Cabinet posts for rebels after helping to oust council leader
- Burton bollards could go, as plans discussed for their future