Probe over stolen potato crops
Police are investigating the theft of 1.5 tonnes of potatoes from a field.
The incident happened in a field near Basin Road in Outwell, Norfolk, between 10pm on Sunday and 9am on Monday.
The thieves dug up a section of the field measuring about an eighth of an acre and stole the immature crop.
It comes three weeks after about 500 potatoes were dug up and stolen from a field near Hall Road in the same village.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "It is as yet unclear whether the two crimes are linked or if another gang of spud thieves are chipping in."
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans