Probe over stolen potato crops
Police are investigating the theft of 1.5 tonnes of potatoes from a field.
The incident happened in a field near Basin Road in Outwell, Norfolk, between 10pm on Sunday and 9am on Monday.
The thieves dug up a section of the field measuring about an eighth of an acre and stole the immature crop.
It comes three weeks after about 500 potatoes were dug up and stolen from a field near Hall Road in the same village.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "It is as yet unclear whether the two crimes are linked or if another gang of spud thieves are chipping in."
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines