Probe over stolen potato crops
Police are investigating the theft of 1.5 tonnes of potatoes from a field.
The incident happened in a field near Basin Road in Outwell, Norfolk, between 10pm on Sunday and 9am on Monday.
The thieves dug up a section of the field measuring about an eighth of an acre and stole the immature crop.
It comes three weeks after about 500 potatoes were dug up and stolen from a field near Hall Road in the same village.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "It is as yet unclear whether the two crimes are linked or if another gang of spud thieves are chipping in."
- Boys to men: Frazer Clarke and Zach Parker eye ABAs glory in Liverpool
- SLIDESHOW: Solid start for TAG Racing and Buildbase BMW Motorrad at Brands Hatch
- Rolleston 3rds open up with a win in Six South but Trentside 2nds fall to a nine-wicket defeat to A&B
- Barton fireworks ensure a successful run chase
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business