Redknapp keen on Keane
QPR boss Harry Redknapp is interested in signing Los Angeles Galaxy striker Robbie Keane in January.
The 32-year-old played under Redknapp at Tottenham and, with the Major League Soccer season over, could be available on a short-term deal similar to that which took him to Aston Villa last season.
"Robbie Keane is a good shout," Redknapp said in the Daily Telegraph. "I haven't spoken to him yet but he would be an interesting player. He's a good pro and he'd be an ideal type to have around."
QPR head into Saturday's fixture at Wigan bottom of the Barclays Premier League and still searching for their first league win of the season.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads