Redknapp keen on Keane
QPR boss Harry Redknapp is interested in signing Los Angeles Galaxy striker Robbie Keane in January.
The 32-year-old played under Redknapp at Tottenham and, with the Major League Soccer season over, could be available on a short-term deal similar to that which took him to Aston Villa last season.
"Robbie Keane is a good shout," Redknapp said in the Daily Telegraph. "I haven't spoken to him yet but he would be an interesting player. He's a good pro and he'd be an ideal type to have around."
QPR head into Saturday's fixture at Wigan bottom of the Barclays Premier League and still searching for their first league win of the season.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced