Robson beaten in Dubai
Laura Robson was beaten by Kazakhstan's Yulia Putintseva in the first round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.
Robson, the world number 45, lost 6-4 2-6 7-6 (8/6) in two hours 21 minutes to her 18-year-old opponent.
The British number two started well by racing into a 2-0 lead in the first set, but was immediately pegged back as Putintseva took the opener.
Robson responded well in the second set, but Putintseva held her nerve in the tie-break to book her place in the next round.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans