Robson beaten in Dubai
Laura Robson was beaten by Kazakhstan's Yulia Putintseva in the first round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.
Robson, the world number 45, lost 6-4 2-6 7-6 (8/6) in two hours 21 minutes to her 18-year-old opponent.
The British number two started well by racing into a 2-0 lead in the first set, but was immediately pegged back as Putintseva took the opener.
Robson responded well in the second set, but Putintseva held her nerve in the tie-break to book her place in the next round.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring