Robson out of Auckland event
British number one Laura Robson has pulled out of next week's ASB Classic in Auckland due to a left wrist injury.
The 19-year-old world number 44, who reached the fourth round at Wimbledon earlier this year, has travelled to New Zealand but informed organisers on Friday that she will not be able to compete at the WTA event.
Tournament director Karl Budge told Press Association Sport: "It's something she's had for the last couple of weeks. I think she needs a couple of extra days to recover.
"She said to me that she's about 95 per cent and just needs a couple of extra days before she can get back out on the court."
The event would have formed part of Robson's preparations for the Australian Open, which gets under way in her birth city of Melbourne on January 13.
She will be replaced in the main draw in Auckland by world number 179 Tamira Paszek of Austria.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans