Rodgers misses QPR clash
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers will miss Sunday afternoon's match at QPR after being taken ill in London.
Back-up goalkeeper Brad Jones and head of performance Glen Driscoll, have also been sent home by the club's medical team.
Assistant manager Colin Pascoe and coach Mike Marsh will deputise at Loftus Road.
The trio were sent home suffering from a bug after club doctor Zaf Iqbal said if they remained there was a risk of infecting other members of the squad.
"It was impossible for Brendan, Glen and Brad to attend the game," he told liverpoolfc.com.
"They are not fit to be at the match and any contact with the rest if the squad could cause the bug to spread to more of the playing staff."
- SLIDESHOW: British Superbikes starts this weekend for Buildbase BMW Motorrad riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and James Westmoreland
- Aaron Webster named Burton Albion's greatest ever player in fans' poll
- Johnny Russell admits Burnley are out of sight for Derby County
- Ex-Burton Albion star praised for his 'old school honesty' by Derby County boss
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Scarlet fever cases soar in East Staffordshire
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- Tory removed from role over comments