Rodwell set for City comeback
Jack Rodwell could make his Manchester City comeback in this weekend's Barclays Premier League clash with Fulham.
The 21-year-old midfielder has been earmarked for a place on the bench after three months on the sidelines with hamstring problems. Rodwell, who has started only two Premier League games since his £12million summer move from Everton, was injured on England Under-21 duty in October.
Manager Roberto Mancini said: "I am happy because I am sure Jack will be an important player for us in the future, because he is young. If we have solved his problem - his hamstring injuries have been often - he will be an important player. Tomorrow he will be ready, but probably for 20 minutes, no more."
Rodwell was also plagued by hamstring injuries during his early career at Everton.
Last season's top scorer Sergio Aguero, who tore a hamstring in the New Year's Day win over Stoke, is also fit to return.
City are still without Yaya and Kolo Toure due to the African Nations Cup but Samir Nasri is available again after suspension, while right-backs Micah Richards and Maicon, who have knee injuries, are the only injury concerns.
Mancini said: "Sergio is fit and Jack is back. We are now missing only Micah and Maicon."
The champions' problems were also eased this week as captain Vincent Kompany succeeded in his appeal against his sending-off in last Sunday's win at Arsenal.
Kompany was facing the prospect of a three-match suspension which, during the absence of Kolo Toure, would have significantly increased Mancini's defensive concerns.
Mancini said: "I am very pleased because I think it is correct, like this. The referee managed the game very well but, in that situation, probably he didn't see great. From his position he thought it was a red card but I think that tackle was not a red card."
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Burton Junior Football League Under-16s and Under-18s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'