Ronaldo agrees new Real Madrid deal
Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed a contract extension, the Primera Division club have announced.
Reports last month suggested the Portugal international was set to sign a deal keeping him at the Bernabeu until 2018 and increasing his salary to 17million euros (£14.8million) per year after tax.
Ronaldo refused to confirm such a deal had been struck at the time, but in a statement on their official website Madrid confirmed they will hold a press conference at 1.45pm local time (12.45pm BST) on Sunday afternoon at which the 28-year-old will sign an extension.
Details have yet to be announced of the new contract.
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring