Savile's chauffeur in new sex probe
Jimmy Savile's former flatmate and chauffeur has been arrested over fresh allegations of historic sex abuse against children.
Ray Teret was arrested by Greater Manchester Police yesterday when he answered bail in relation to a separate set of allegations.
A spokeswoman for the force said: "A 71 year-old-man was re-arrested in connection with historic sexual offences against children when he answered his bail on Wednesday October 23.
"He was also further arrested in connection with a number of other historic sex offences against children.
"He remains in police custody for questioning."
Teret was arrested and bailed in November last year with another man on suspicion of historic rape following an investigation into three separate claims of sexual abuse.
Police emphasised that the accusations were not linked to the national inquiry into abuse by disgraced TV presenter Savile, with whom Teret worked and once shared a flat.
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines