Savile's chauffeur in new sex probe
Jimmy Savile's former flatmate and chauffeur has been arrested over fresh allegations of historic sex abuse against children.
Ray Teret was arrested by Greater Manchester Police yesterday when he answered bail in relation to a separate set of allegations.
A spokeswoman for the force said: "A 71 year-old-man was re-arrested in connection with historic sexual offences against children when he answered his bail on Wednesday October 23.
"He was also further arrested in connection with a number of other historic sex offences against children.
"He remains in police custody for questioning."
Teret was arrested and bailed in November last year with another man on suspicion of historic rape following an investigation into three separate claims of sexual abuse.
Police emphasised that the accusations were not linked to the national inquiry into abuse by disgraced TV presenter Savile, with whom Teret worked and once shared a flat.
- Ticket prices for Chelsea game welcomed by Derby County fans
- Gary Rowett backs Matty Palmer to return in style for Burton Albion
- Steve McClaren says Derby County's style of football will bring back crowds to iPro Stadium
- SLIDESHOW: Burton Junior Football League Under-10s, Under-11s and Under-12s round-up
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Head speaks out on school's fine system