Sordell brace sends Sunderland out
Marvin Sordell struck a second-half double as npower Championship Bolton booked an FA Cup fourth-round clash against Everton after stunning dismal Sunderland with a 2-0 victory at the Stadium of Light.
Sordell slid home a 64th-minute penalty and wrapped up victory nine minutes later as Dougie Freedman's men made sure of victory 10 days after blowing a two-goal lead in their Reebok Stadium clash.
Martin O'Neill had made his intentions clear by naming a strong side for the replay in contrast to Freedman, whose own slender play-off aspirations prompted him to make six changes from the weekend draw with Millwall.
MK Dons reached the fourth round for the first time in their short history with a 2-0 replay victory over Sheffield Wednesday.
Shaun Williams' first-half penalty and a fortuitous second goal from a Dean Bowditch free-kick saw the npower League One team overcome their Championship opponents at stadium:mk.
In a game of few chances, the hosts created the better opportunities as a much-changed Wednesday side struggled for cohesion.
- Final ball drama sees Dunstall hold leaders Swarkestone as Scott Elstone stars with bat and ball
- Lullington Park and Ticknall draw positives after rain woe
- Burton Albion face Sheffield United again, while Derby County travel to Oldham in Capital One Cup first round
- Johnny Russell challenged to emulate Craig Bryson at Derby County
- Queen's defends having sales staff in maternity ward
- Travellers move in at town leisure centre
- POLL: 'Unglamorous' Burton is becoming a holiday hotspot
- Absent councillor treating residents with contempt, claims parish council
- Nine taken to hospital following A38 smash
- Stanhope closure causes cop chaos