Teenager held in park murder probe
A post-mortem examination is to be carried out on a teenager who died following a fight in a park.
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of the 17-year-old.
Police and paramedics were called to the park off Burleigh Road, Addlestone, Surrey, at 4pm on Monday after members of the public reported a fight.
The victim, from Chertsey, suffered serious head injuries during the incident and was taken to St George's Hospital, Tooting, where he died on Tuesday.
The boy has yet to be formally identified and a post-mortem examination is due to be carried out.
The suspect, from Chertsey, who was initially arrested on suspicion of GBH assault has been further arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody while the investigation continues.
A Surrey Police spokesman said: "At this stage Surrey Police officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident but are continuing to carry out a thorough and extensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding the altercation."
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring