Third series for Last Tango drama
The creator of the award-winning Last Tango In Halifax has promised viewers "a whole new emotional ball game" after the BBC commissioned a third series.
The show, which stars Anne Reid and Derek Jacobi as ageing lovers Celia and Alan, has been a huge hit with viewers and critics alike.
More than seven million people regularly tune into the show which won Baftas for Best Drama Series and Best Writer.
Sally Wainwright, the show's writer and executive producer, said: "I'm so happy we've got a third series, it's so exciting to be able to take these characters further and to find out loads more stuff about them.
"What's so great about writing for characters like Celia and Alan is that there is a wealth of back story to explore. Series three will be a whole new emotional ball game."
Filming starts next year with the series on screens later in 2014.
- On-loan George Thorne waits until the end of the season at Derby County to decide on his future
- Gary Rowett wants to his Burton Albion side another step in the play-offs this season
- Rolleston CC dig in for lion's share of points at home to Ilkeston Rutland
- James Benstead and Callum Brodrick on fire in Dunstall draw
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster