Thousands celebrate Eid at square
Several thousand people have descended on Trafalgar Square to enjoy one of the biggest celebrations in the Muslim calendar.
The central London site was hosting live music acts and a food festival to mark Eid, the breaking of the fast undertaken during the holy month of Ramadan.
Saba Zaman, a committee member for Greater London Authority, described the event as a coming-together of different communities and cultures.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced