Three held over mosque arson attack
Three teenagers have been arrested by police investigating an arson attack on a mosque.
Officers were alerted to the alleged incident at the Harlow Islamic Centre in Essex last month after locals discovered evidence of the attempt when they attended morning prayers.
Two 16-year-old boys and one aged 17, all from Harlow, have been arrested on suspicion of arson and bailed until October 30 pending further inquiries.
A 28-year-old man from Harlow had previously been arrested on suspicion of arson in connection with this incident and is also on police bail.
Detectives are still keen to speak to witnesses in connection with the fire.
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers at Harlow CID on 101.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring