Three killed in fireball road crash
Three people have died after a car collided with a lorry, then caught fire.
The car, a Subara Impreza, was travelling westbound on the A406 Bowes Road, part of the North Circular when it hit the central reservation near the junction with Natal Road at around 12.30am, the Metropolitan Police said.
It then hit a lorry travelling in the opposite direction before bursting into flames.
A second car, a Vauxhall Astra, was also involved in the crash and two men have been taken to hospital with minor injuries. The lorry driver also received minor injuries.
Investigators are examining the scene and both lanes of the North Circular are closed.
Police warned the road would remain closed for the morning rush hour and advised drivers to take alternative routes.
- Boys to men: Frazer Clarke and Zach Parker eye ABAs glory in Liverpool
- SLIDESHOW: Solid start for TAG Racing and Buildbase BMW Motorrad at Brands Hatch
- Barton fireworks ensure a successful run chase
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business