Three killed in fireball road crash
Three people have died after a car collided with a lorry, then caught fire.
The car, a Subara Impreza, was travelling westbound on the A406 Bowes Road, part of the North Circular when it hit the central reservation near the junction with Natal Road at around 12.30am, the Metropolitan Police said.
It then hit a lorry travelling in the opposite direction before bursting into flames.
A second car, a Vauxhall Astra, was also involved in the crash and two men have been taken to hospital with minor injuries. The lorry driver also received minor injuries.
Investigators are examining the scene and both lanes of the North Circular are closed.
Police warned the road would remain closed for the morning rush hour and advised drivers to take alternative routes.
- SLIDESHOW: British Superbikes starts this weekend for Buildbase BMW Motorrad riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and James Westmoreland
- Aaron Webster named Burton Albion's greatest ever player in fans' poll
- Johnny Russell admits Burnley are out of sight for Derby County
- Ex-Burton Albion star praised for his 'old school honesty' by Derby County boss
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Scarlet fever cases soar in East Staffordshire
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- Tory removed from role over comments