Torres set for spell out
Fernando Torres faces a spell out with a knee injury sustained in Chelsea's win over Manchester United on Sunday, Blues boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed.
The Spain striker, who scored at Southampton and Hull earlier this month, came on as a late substitute for hat-trick hero Samuel Eto'o but did not last the distance due to a damage to his lateral knee ligament which means he faces "weeks" out.
Demba Ba will be given an opportunity in Torres' absence, Mourinho insisted.
Mourinho said: "It's time for Demba. It's a pity because Nando (Torres) is in a good moment, but it's time for Demba.
"Demba had a fantastic week; (it was) very difficult for me to leave him out of selection because he worked very, very well.
"Next matches is for Demba or Samuel. Let's go."
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans