Tory MP Dorrell faces sleaze probe
Senior Tory Stephen Dorrell is facing a formal sleaze investigation over failing to declare his financial links to care home owners.
It emerged last month that the Health Select Committee chairman had sold his London home property to friends at a reported £70,000 profit, and was using Commons expenses to rent it back from them.
Mr Dorrell was accused of a conflict of interest because his new landlords run a chain of care homes, and his committee has been carrying out an inquiry into social care.
A spokeswoman for parliamentary standards commissioner John Lyon said he was investigating whether the Charnwood MP breached rules on declaration of interests.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Drug baron jailed over cocaine ring