Two fall in after bridge collapses
Two people have been taken to hospital after falling into flood waters when a bridge collapsed.
A 65-year-old man was airlifted by helicopter to James Cook University in Middlesbrough following the incident at High Askew near Cropton on the North York Moors.
Two air ambulances - the Great North Air Ambulance and the Yorkshire Air Ambulance - attended the scene on Thursday afternoon.
A Great North Air Ambulance Service spokesman said the man lost consciousness following the fall.
A second person was taken to hospital by road.
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Head speaks out on school's fine system