Two held over 1991 disappearance
Police investigating the disappearance of a young mother as she walked to her parents' home 22 years ago have arrested two men on suspicion of her abduction and murder.
West Midlands Police, investigating the disappearance of Nicola Payne, said the men, both 49, were arrested at 8am today at their home addresses in the Bell Green and Stoke areas of Coventry.
A 51-year-old woman was also arrested at the Bell Green address on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
All three have been taken to police stations in the West Midlands for questioning by detectives.
Ms Payne went missing after setting out on foot from her home in Coventry on December 14 1991.
Despite extensive inquiries, 18-year-old Ms Payne - who had a seven-month-old baby son at the time, has never been seen again.
Her family are aware of today's development, police said.
It comes just days after a fresh appeal for information was launched, following new forensic results which detectives described as "a breakthrough".
- Boys to men: Frazer Clarke and Zach Parker eye ABAs glory in Liverpool
- SLIDESHOW: Solid start for TAG Racing and Buildbase BMW Motorrad at Brands Hatch
- Rolleston 3rds open up with a win in Six South but Trentside 2nds fall to a nine-wicket defeat to A&B
- Barton fireworks ensure a successful run chase
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business