Two held over child heroin death
A man and a woman have been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a young boy from a heroin overdose earlier this year.
A 29-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman were arrested in the Penn area of Wolverhampton.
They are currently being questioned at a police station in the West Midlands.
Both have been detained in connection with the suspected murder of 23-month-old Daniel Jones.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics who had responded to a call to a house in the Penn area of the city at 6.15am on May 29 this year.
Detectives from West Midlands Police immediately launched an investigation to establish the circumstances surrounding the child's death, which was initially treated as unexplained.
However, the results of recent forensic tests showed the child's death had been caused by a heroin overdose.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'