Two held over child heroin death
A man and a woman have been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a young boy from a heroin overdose earlier this year.
A 29-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman were arrested in the Penn area of Wolverhampton.
They are currently being questioned at a police station in the West Midlands.
Both have been detained in connection with the suspected murder of 23-month-old Daniel Jones.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics who had responded to a call to a house in the Penn area of the city at 6.15am on May 29 this year.
Detectives from West Midlands Police immediately launched an investigation to establish the circumstances surrounding the child's death, which was initially treated as unexplained.
However, the results of recent forensic tests showed the child's death had been caused by a heroin overdose.
- SLIDESHOW: British Superbikes starts this weekend for Buildbase BMW Motorrad riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and James Westmoreland
- Aaron Webster named Burton Albion's greatest ever player in fans' poll
- Johnny Russell admits Burnley are out of sight for Derby County
- Ex-Burton Albion star praised for his 'old school honesty' by Derby County boss
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Scarlet fever cases soar in East Staffordshire
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- Tory removed from role over comments