Vidic ruled out of Cluj clash and derby
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Nemanja Vidic will not be involved in Manchester United's Champions League encounter with Cluj at Old Trafford.
On Friday, United boss Ferguson said there was a chance Vidic could be in the squad following knee surgery in September and the 31-year-old did train at Carrington on Tuesday morning.
However, the game will come too early in his recovery and he will not be considered for Sunday's Manchester derby either.
"I do not think he will play," said Ferguson. "He feels he needs another few days' training. He will not play in the derby if he doesn't play tomorrow, although I wasn't considering him for Sunday anyway."
Ferguson also confirmed Japan international Shinji Kagawa had returned to training after his own knee injury and there is an outside chance he could be involved at the weekend.
"He's showing good promise now. It is much better and I don't think he is far away," said Ferguson.
Meanwhile, Ferguson confirmed that while he will make changes to his line up tomorrow, Wayne Rooney will be in his starting XI.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Shopping centre bosses apologise over new car park system chaos
- Woman left to foot bill for driving over bollard
- Taxi bosses talk about industry 'difficulties'
- Relief for patients as Queen's suspends controversial parking fines
- Head speaks out on school's fine system