Watson beaten by Puig
Heather Watson was beaten in the first round of the HP Japan Women's Open in Osaka by Puerto Rico's Monica Puig.
The eighth seed beat the Briton 6-4 6-4 in one hour 33 minutes.
Watson, the world number 92, was broken three times in the opening set and twice in the second as her serve was found wanting.
- Red-faced driver hits town bollard
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Tip-offs lead to fresh wave of police raids on suspected drug hideouts
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Court orders soar to 'worrying' levels after council tax support cap introduced