William to reward Helmand soldiers
The Duke of Cambridge is to present operational service medals to soldiers who have recently returned from Afghanistan today.
William, as colonel of the regiment, will give the soldiers of No.2 Company, 1st Battalion Irish Guards the medals during a company medals parade in Aldershot, Hampshire.
The soldiers returned from Helmand, Afghanistan, in October, following a six-month deployment on Operation Herrick. William will meet with the recipients and their families during the event.
- On-loan George Thorne waits until the end of the season at Derby County to decide on his future
- Gary Rowett wants to his Burton Albion side another step in the play-offs this season
- Rolleston CC dig in for lion's share of points at home to Ilkeston Rutland
- James Benstead and Callum Brodrick on fire in Dunstall draw
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster