William to reward Helmand soldiers
The Duke of Cambridge is to present operational service medals to soldiers who have recently returned from Afghanistan today.
William, as colonel of the regiment, will give the soldiers of No.2 Company, 1st Battalion Irish Guards the medals during a company medals parade in Aldershot, Hampshire.
The soldiers returned from Helmand, Afghanistan, in October, following a six-month deployment on Operation Herrick. William will meet with the recipients and their families during the event.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads